In a hotspot question, the students have to drag and drop the marker in the right position.
How to create a hotspot question?
- Sign in to Ans.
- Create an assignment. Read here how to create an assignment.
- Click New exercise, fill in a title and click Save.
- Click New subquestion and select Hotspot.
- Fill in the question description and Upload an image.
- Click the more_vert-icon at the top of the question and you can use various options.
- Click Save.
Options for a hotspot question:
- Bonus: this marks the question as a bonus question.
- Skippable for special students: this question will not be taken into account for the grades of special students.
How to review a hotspot question?
- Click Criteria in the menu at the top.
- Go to the question for which you want to set the criteria.
- Click the more_horiz-icon and click Edit.
- It is optional to fill in feedback that will be shown when the results are published for:
- completely correct answers.
- not completely correct answers.
- incorrect answers.
- Select a figure-type, fill in a name, set the number of points and click in the figure twice. Two dots will appear and create the selected figure. Drag and drop the dots in the position to create the answer field.
- Click Done editing or Add an area when the answer field has to be extended.
- Set the maximum number of points.
- Click the more_vert-icon and you can use various options.
- Click Save.
Options for grading:
- Include grading description: reviewers can use this by grading the question. Or students can see it when the results are published.
- Start with zero points (For the points-grading method only): select this to let every student start with zero points before grading.
- Limit minimum to zero points (For the points-grading method only): select this to let every student get no negative points for this question.
- Limit maximum to total points (For the points-grading method only): select this to let every student get a maximum amount of points of the total amount of points for this question.
Note: This question will be graded automatically and therefore it is not possible to change the score of a specific student. You can only change the points from the question.