In a match question, the students have to couple the rows to the columns.
How to create a match question?
- Sign in to Ans.
- Create an assignment. Read here how to create an assignment.
- Click New exercise, fill in a title and click Save.
- Click New subquestion and select Match.
- Fill in the question description.
- Click the drop-down button Match layout and choose Matrix or Drag and drop.
- Click Add rows and next click the create-icon in the new row. Fill in the answer option or upload an image by clicking the photo_size_select_actual-icon in the text editor.
- Repeat this for all rows
- Click Add columns and next click the create-icon in the new row. Fill in the answer option or upload an image by clicking the photo_size_select_actual-icon in the text editor.
- Repeat this for all columns
- Click the more_vert-icon at the top of the question and you can use various options.
- Click Save.
Options for a match question:
- Bonus: this marks the question as a bonus question.
- Skippable for special students: this question will not be taken into account for the grades of special students.
- Partial scoring: students will get points when their answer is partly correct. For example, the total number of points they can get for this question is 2 and their answer is half correct, they will get 1 point. Without this option, they only can get 0 or the maximum number of points.
How to review a match question?
- Click Criteria in the menu at the top.
- Go to the question for which you want to set the criteria.
- Click the drop-down button Choice type and choose One correct answer or Multiple correct answers.
- It is optional to fill in feedback that will be shown when the results are published for:
- completely correct answers.
- not completely correct answers.
- incorrect answers.
- Fill in the number of points each combination is worth.
- OR click Options and select Use product rule. Next, select the answer combinations.
- You can use the Calculate points-button to calculate the maximum points. The points of all the answer options will be summed up automatically.
Or You can manually set the maximum number of points.
- Click the more_vert-icon and you can use various options.
- Click Save.
Options for grading:
- Use product rule: when you use the product rule for grading, select the correct answer options.
- Grading description: a solution for the reviewers (and for students when published). The grading description can be an extensive elaboration, an image, or a file.
- Start with zero points (For the points-grading method only): select this to let every student start with zero points before grading.
- Limit minimum to zero points (For the points-grading method only): select this to let every student get no negative points for this question.
- Limit maximum to total points (For the points-grading method only): select this to let every student get a maximum amount of points of the total amount of points for this question.
Note: This question will be graded automatically and therefore it is not possible to change the score of a specific student. You can only change the points from the question.