Safe Exam Browser is a web browser environment that allows digital tests carried out safely. The Safe Exam Browser software turns any computer temporarily into a secure workstation. It controls and restricts access to system functions, other websites and applications and prevents unauthorised resources being used during an exam.
The student will have to download the Safe Exam Browser on their own laptop or the institution needs to install the Safe Exam Browser on all devices in the examination hall.
- Click on your course or use the search bar in the Courses-section.
- Click on your assignment or use the search bar.
- Click Settings in the menu at the top.
- Click Accessibility in the menu on the left.
- Go to the Browser-section and select Safe Exam Browser.
- Fill in a password and click Save.
- When desired, click Specify custom configuration and upload a file.
You can specify custom settings if you need to; allow specific applications, whitelist certain websites, allow to edit downloaded documents, specify an upload folder etc.
- Download the default SEB configuration file by clicking the default.
- When you download the default .seb file on a Mac we checked the 'allow to open Preferences window on client' checkbox for you (set the 'allowPreferencesWindow' to true). That way you can reach the settings panel with 'Cmd + ,'. Please uncheck that checkbox and save the file before uploading. Otherwise students will be able to change the settings during the test.
- Read here for the possible settings for the documentation of the SEB.
- We use the config key feature to check the settings when the quiz is started. If you uncheck the 'Use Browser & Config Keys' checkbox we will not be able to provide this security and students will not be allowed to start the test.
- Upload the personalised SEB configuration file.
- Click Save.