warning Note: This guide is for digital tests only.
It is possible in Ans to let the students make a digital test in the Safe Exam Browser (SEB). The student will have to download the Safe Exam Browser on their own laptop, or the institution needs to install the Safe Exam Browser on all devices in an examination hall. The safe exam browser prevents a student from accessing anything other than Ans.
How to use the Safe Exam Browser for your digital test
- Sign in to Ans
- Create an assignment. Read here how to create an assignment.
- Click About in the menu on the left.
- Go to the Availability section.
- Select Use Safe Exam Browser and fill in a password that can be used to exit the assignment.
- If wanted, click Specify custom configuration. Click Browse for a file and select the file, or drag and drop the file into the pop-up.
You can specify custom settings if you need to; allow specific applications, whitelist certain websites, allow to edit downloaded documents, specify an upload folder etc.
- Download the default SEB configuration file by clicking the default.
- When you download the default .seb file on a Mac we checked the 'allow to open Preferences window on client' checkbox for you (set the 'allowPreferencesWindow' to true). That way you can reach the settings panel with 'Cmd + ,'. Please uncheck that checkbox and save the file before uploading. Otherwise students will be able to change the settings during the test.
- Read here the possible settings for the documentation of the SEB.
- We use the config key feature to check the settings when the quiz is started. If you uncheck the 'Use Browser & Config Keys' checkbox we will not be able to provide this security and students will not be allowed to start the quiz.
- Upload the personalized SEB configuration file.
- Click Save.