In an order question, the students have to drag and drop the choices into the right order.
How to create an order question?
- Create an assignment. Read here how to create an assignment.
- Click New exercise, fill in a title and click Save.
- Click New subquestion and select Order.
- Fill in the question description.
- Click the drop-down button Order type and choose Horizontal or Vertical.
- Click Add choice and fill in the answer option. Repeat this for all answer options.
- Click the more_vert-icon at the top of the question and you can use various options.
- Click Save.
Options for an order question:
- Bonus: this marks the question as a bonus question.
- Skippable for special students: this question will not be taken into account for the grades of special students.
- Partial scoring: students will get points when their answer is partly correct. For example, the total number of points they can get for this question is 2 and their answer is half correct, they will get 1 point. Without this option, they only can get 0 or the maximum number of points.
How to review an order question?
- Click Criteria in the switch at the top.
- Go to the question for which you want to set the criteria.
- Fill in the number of points each answer option is worth.
- It is optional to fill in feedback that will be shown when the results are published for:
- completely correct answers.
- not completely correct answers.
- incorrect answers.
- Click the more_vert-icon and you can use various options.
- Click Save.
Options for grading:
- Use product rule: when you use the product rule for grading, select the correct answer options.
- Include grading description: a solution for the reviewers (and for students when published). The grading description can be an extensive elaboration, an image, or a file.
- Start with zero points (For the points-grading method only): select this to let every student start with zero points before grading.
- Limit minimum to zero points (For the points-grading method only): select this to let every student get no negative points for this question.
- Limit maximum to total points (For the points-grading method only): select this to let every student get a maximum amount of points of the total amount of points for this question.
Grading of an order-question
When you have not made use of the product rule-option, an order-question will be graded as follows:
We determine the number of correct ‘pairs’. So for 4 options te following pairs are used:
1-2 ; 1-3 ; 1-4 ; 2-3 ; 2-4 ; 3-4
We compare this with the student answer and if for example, the student identified 4 correct pairs, the student receives a score of 4/6 * number of points.
So in general: grade = (number of correct pairs set by the student / total number of correct pairs) * number of points set for this question
Note: This question will be graded automatically and therefore it is not possible to change the score of a specific student. You can only change the points from the question.