In an order question, the students have to drag and drop the choices into the right order.
How to create an order question
- Sign in to Ans.
- Create an assignment. Read here how to create an assignment.
- Click Add exercise and give the exercise a title.
- Click Add question and select Order.
- Fill in the question description en and use optional:
- Uploaded files
- Mathematical equations
- Choose for a Horizontal or Verticle list that has to be ordered.
- Click Add choice and next click the create-icon in the new row. Fill in the answer option or upload an image by clicking the photo_size_select_actual-icon in the text editor.
- Repeat this for all options
- Click Save and click Criteria in the menu on the left and set the choices in the right order.
- Optional: click options at the top right and select Use product rule. The product rule is a way to correct for ‘free points’ due to guessing and an alternative to using negative points for answer options.
- Click Save.
Grading of an order-question
When you have not made use of the product rule-option, an order-question will be graded as follows:
We determine the number of correct ‘pairs’. So for 4 options te following pairs are used:
1-2 ; 1-3 ; 1-4 ; 2-3 ; 2-4 ; 3-4
We compare this with the student answer and if for example, the student identified 4 correct pairs, the student receives a score of 4/6 * number of points.
So in general: grade = (number of correct pairs set by the student / total number of correct pairs) * number of points set for this question
warning Note: This question will be graded automatically and therefore it is not possible to change the score of a specific student. You can only change the points from the question.