warning Note: This type of question is only available for digital tests.
A fill in the gaps question consists of a phrase, sentence, or paragraph with a blank space where a student provides the missing word or words.
How to create a fill in the gaps question
- Sign in to Ans.
- Create an assignment. Read here how to create an assignment.
- Click Add exercise and give the exercise a title.
- Click Add question and select Fill in the gaps.
- Fill in the question and fill in the total number of points.
- Fill in the answer field and click Gap at the places you want to create a blank.
- Click New gap, fill in a gap name and (if needed) select the option Require numeric answer.
- Click Add answer, fill in the content and fill in the number of points. Repeat this for all the answer options.
- Click Save.
highlight Tip: When the test is finished, return to the Criteria-page and go to the fill in the gaps question. Under the preset answer options, the answers students have given are shown that are not in the list. You can add such an answer as an answer option by clicking on the add-icon. This answer will then be added to your answer options and you can assign a number of points. If a given answer is wrong, you don't have to do anything with it. No points will be given for this answer.
warning Note: This question will be graded automatically and therefore it is not possible to change the score of a specific student. You can only change the points from the question.